Sunday, May 29, 2011

Just When I'm Making Progress

One of the big problems with Gestational Diabetes is that the situation gets worse as the pregnancy progresses.  I know this.  I think I'm prepared mentally.  I'm really not.

I'm working so hard.  Just put a meal plan together for three weeks for three different people with different diets/levels of pickiness (me, hubby and toddler). I'm inputting all my meals into my recipe planner and gonna make a shopping list.  Planning on going shopping tomorrow morning if I can finish tonight.  I'm oh - so - close!!

In the last week I've counted about 4 days where the major pregnancy fatigue has seriously altered my day.  Right now it's not even 8 pm and I feel like my body is gonna shut down any second, like I'm gambling with my consciousness, not even sure if I'll finish this post. When such a huge part of my blood sugar management involves exercising, how in the world am I supposed to successfully beat this when I can barely move to the other room?

And that's not my only setback right now.  It's seems like Extreme Fatigue is visiting with its friend Extreme Hunger.  It's like my body just realized it's making another human body inside me and better make up for lost time and get a bazillion calories.  Technically I'm not allowed to snack between meals but what's a girl gonna do?  And the only "legal" snacks are straight protein (meat, cheese, nuts, eggs). It feels like every day I'm compromising on another one of my health food convictions.  I mean, I can only eat so many walnuts when I'm STARVING!!!

So here I am, waiting longer than I should to test b/c I can't get off my butt to exercise my sugars down and I feel like I need to eat another huge plate of food or I'm really gonna fall over.  I don't even know how to end this, only to say that I hope tomorrow is a better day and that somehow I'll figure out how to hit this moving target.

No comments:

Post a Comment