Saturday, May 28, 2011

My Big Fat Project

For about a year now I've been researching, testing, designing, and deciding how to organize my meal planning for the entire family.  I've tried iPhone apps, spreadsheets, even designing my own program. I've settled on a program called BigOven to do most of the work for me.  I input my recipes, assign grocery stores and aisles to my ingredients list and then drag and drop to create meal plans and shopping lists.

Now that I've figured out what I want to use and how to use it, I have to put in all the data and get it all cleaned up. It's really difficult to find meals that my hubby will eat, my toddler will at least nibble on, and that I can separate out my allotted 30 carbs.  I've also found that I have to plan for breakfasts and lunches, otherwise my hubby gets anxious and ends up reverting to his bachelor ways of convenience foods shopping at Walmart. It's not my place to tell him what he shouldn't buy for himself, so my best shot at helping our family eat healthy is to plan, plan, plan.

So that's my Big Fat Project for this upcoming week.  I feel like if I can just get a few weeks of full plans in there then I can finally get a handle on the food situation in my house. Wish me luck!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment